Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Cure

Since technically this is a short week, and, thanks to all the recent holidays and me working the awesome 9/80 work schedule, I haven't really worked any five day weeks in quite some time - and therefore what I'm about to say is going to sound remarkably selfish, considering that there are people out there who either don't have the cushy work schedule I do or who don't have jobs, period... But I'm tired. It's only Wednesday, and tomorrow I have to get up early to be at a meeting downtown by 8:30, and hey, guess what, after that, I'm off on Friday for yet another three-day weekend... And: I'm tired.

What can I say? At 3 o'clock this afternoon I told my co-worker, "OK, this is what I want: a plateful of warm chocolate chip cookies. And I want to be eating them in bed, with a nice big glass of cold milk, a couple of kitties, and a warm blanket."

After my proclamation (read: description of paradise) my co-worker told me a crazy story about a cat she knew who once got out of the house when she was exiting it with a friend of hers. She completed the story by acting out the facial expressions of the escapee. Yes. There was more than one facial expression. That must be one talented kitty-cat.

Anyway, I'm sitting here on the couch, waiting for Patrick to be ready to go to Fingerprints to look for a birthday present for a friend of his, watching the Cure's appearance on MTV Unplugged. I'm not exactly sure how old this is, but considering that Robert looks fresh-faced and less pudgy than I remember him looking recently, I'm guessing it's from about 1994 or or maybe earlier.

They just finished doing "The Blood," which I have to admit, is one of my favorite songs. And now they're doing "The Walk." Love the kazoos. Puma and Franny seem to really be enjoying this, too. Well, if cats don't like the Cure, then they're screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment