Monday, December 17, 2007

Blogging While Buzzed

I shouldn't hit publish tonight but I will.

Tonight was the closing night of "The Bald Soprano." It was an excellent show with a full house and afterwards we all met up at my friend David's house for a birthday/closing night/holiday party. Despite a few moments of feeling alone and loserish (because I have a hard time talking to people I barely know) I managed to have a good time. I drank rather a lot of champagne, which David's wife Susan was embellishing (not the right word) with Chambord. I mostly hung out with Pauly and his new girlfriend Cristina (who I love), and then later with David's wife Susan's brother in law Russ (a drummer from England who is now a screenwriter!) and Barry, a friend of theirs who does I don't know what, exactly, but is funny and tall and sarcastic and Irish and has green eyes. He told me: I couldn't tell, really.

This was a good weekend. I rather like getting drunk. Friday night I went to karaoke (also in honor of David's birthday) in Culver City, where I didn't sing, but had fun, anyway. Photos when Susan emails them to me. Saturday I played with the flute choir at Lamp Village in skid row, and we were accompanied by Nathaniel Ayers, the violist that Steve Lopez writes about in all his columns (links tomorrow when I'm not buzzed). That was pretty cool. Tonight was closing night of the Bald Soprano (but we might be extended, in January) and it was a very good show. Frederique gave to me as a present a beautiful velvet cape thing (but it has sleeves?) that I may not ever take off, I love it that much. David's party was fun. I made it home safely. Patrick is watching Radiohead on TV and it's time for bed. All in all, a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment