Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Fox on the run

So I'm not sure if you heard.... but "The Bald Soprano" has been extended. We sold out pretty much all weekend, which is totally cool. We're done until next month, though - there's going to be a casting change, and you know, with the holidays and everything - so right now I'm feeling a tiny bit... on hold. I'm totally not ready for Christmas, and I'm going to be off work all next week, and I'm totally not ready for that either.

I'm just... waiting.

...

Today was my work's holiday party. It went pretty much the way holiday parties go... on top of all the drinking, there was dancing, which, normally, I have nothing to do with. However, everyone was getting down, even the other girl at my table who said, like me, that she "never dances," so when Maribel, a very sweet girl pulled me onto the dance floor, I had to go. It took me a minute to get comfortable (and I kept saying to her, "I'm so lame!"), and to be honest, I never was very comfortable... but I had just sent a text message to a friend of mine that said, "I want to be more like Susan" (Susan is the wife of my friend David and she's totally cool, not afraid to make a fool of herself, can dance, etc.), so I figured, well, all these other people are total dorks, too - it won't kill me to dance.

It did not kill me. And in fact, I felt better, because I had been quietly mocking all the other dancers all day, and by dancing myself, I knew that somewhere, someone was quietly mocking me. I only hope no one took a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment