Sunday, December 30, 2007

These are not resolutions...

Rather, this is a list of the things I will and won't do in 2008:

1. I will cut down on fast food, and will restrict it to the following restaurants only: Chipotle, El Pollo Loco, and Subway. I reserve the right to the occasional taco from Titos, and Fatburger only when accompanied by Patrick, David Frank or Bo Roberts.

2. I will stop fantasizing about music and will either get a grip and accept that I am a flutist and PLAY MY FLUTE, or sit down behind Patrick's kit and bang away, hopefully less self-consciously than the last time I tried it.

3. I will read more and watch less TV. If the writer's strike continues, maybe I'll even go out and take a walk or something...

4. A friend recommneded that I try mediating or exercising to, um, keep my mind from going where my mind usually goes (isn't that a Beatles song?). Meditating seems like a bad idea (my head might explode) but exercising seems like it should be doable. Patrick has already said yes to joining a gym. We're looking into things we can do together. I'll keep you posted...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to break the news to you but you might want to think about walking to that library. The writers strike is going to continue for sometime. Lofty goals. Yeah, not resolutions. Goals to achieve sounds better.

    ReplyDelete