Saturday, December 8, 2007

CMAs



I'm watching a rerun of the Country Music Awards. I turned it on during Sugarland's performance of "Stay." I didn't know who Sugarland was until I saw an episode of "Crossroads" they did with Lindsay Buckingham. Lindsay got old, has anybody else noticed? Anyway, I thought they were perfect.

Yes, today I am blogging about country music. What's the problem?

I've been fast-forwarding through some of the performances: I'm never gonna like Big & Rich or Brooks & Dunn or Montgomery Gentry. I was curious to see the Eagles, who also performed (I like it better when Don Henley plays the drums). Keith Urban came on, and about all I really know about hm is he was in rehab and he's married to Nicole Kidman. Plus, I've always thought he was really good looking (neck? check. forearm? check? add "nose" to that list, and I think we may have the perfect man. Matt Damon's got nothin' on him). Anyway, enough on how cute he is, I thought his performance at the awards show was pretty darned good, too. I think that Bono better look out: Keith has that same type of "I'd follow you anywhere" charm. His song had a lot of the same anthem-y type things U2 songs have (the marching band/military style drum section, for instance); I was impressed.

Carrie Underwood just won an award - she's adorable, but her performance, complete with about 12 string players - was a little shaky. She's cute and talented, but I like the stripped down performances better.

(Oh, shit. I think I messed up. Lindsay Buckingham did his "Crossroads" with Little Big Town. Oh. So where the hell did I see Sugarland? Anyway, I like them. LBT is a bit too Bon Jovi-lite for me.)

Now I gotta get ready to go to Santa Monica again. See you later.

I like that the CMAs are mostly performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment