Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Anticipation dreams

("Anticipation": yes, that is a euphemism)

Last night I had two separate dreams:

1. I'm at the beach with those Jackass guys. No, let me rephrase that. I'm at the beach, and so are they, but other than noticing that they're there, they have nothing to do with this dream. I guess they've been in the news lately. Everything is in grays and blues and it's kind of a dark day at the beach, but warm. It's a cove - there are cliffs that swing around almost in a circle. I'm walking in the calm water back to the beach, wearing a t-shirt and with a towel around my shoulders. Then the water all starts getting sucked out - a huge wave is developing. I can hear it and feel it, and it's absolutely terrifying. I can't make it to shore so I wrap the towel around my head and take a huge breath and dive into the shallow water. The wave goes over head, and it seems like forever before I can stand up. And I can't see, or hear, anything, and now I'm wandering around trying to find the beach before another wave comes.

2. I'm at work. A new guy who started while I was on vacation asks me for some paper. I'm walking with him to the cupboard to show him where it is, and I encounter my co-worker. She's pushing a dolly with a file cabinet on it that's taller than she is. She says her famous words, "I'm so glad you're here" and then I'm back at my desk. I've got piles and piles and piles of files and papers and supplies everywhere and it's like 9 o'clock at night - there's a huge ticking clock on the wall in front of me.

Pretty cool, no? I'm coughing and my ears still hurt and instead of drying my hair I decided to get down these two dreams. There were a lot of details that I wish I could remember - in dream #2 I had a really cool dark wood desk and I think instead of a cubicle I actually had an office with walls and a door.

Off to work. One good thing: I can listen to my iPod in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment