Friday, February 8, 2008

I'm (almost) outta here

I have a zillion things to do but instead I'm sitting on the computer. Jesus, would someone unplug it. Oh, and my neighbor is listening to what sounds like New Kids on the Block but is probably the soundtrack to "High School Musical." Really loud. It's time to turn on the stereo and drown him (yes, it's a "him;" and I think he's in his 20s now) with something good.

Tomorrow Patrick and I leave for El Paso. We're taking his mother to see her sisters and family she hasn't seen since our last trip there (which, if I remember correctly, I had said would literally be my "last trip" to El Paso, because it was a million degrees, humid, and El Paso didn't exactly reach out and grab me; this time around I'm wondering if I didn't give El Paso a bum deal. For one thing, we're staying longer, and we're renting a car, so we're going to get out and drive somewhere, and for another thing, we're staying with Patrick's cousin, and he's super-cool. So how could we not have a good time? Seriously. Tell me. How could we not have a good time?), about eight or nine years ago.

I need to finish the laundry.

I need to clean the house (our cat/housesitter is coming over on Sunday, and there are some areas in this home that are off limits. The closet in my office, for instance, should be condemned).

I need to eat some dinner.

I need to pack.

I need to find the cameras: the digital, and my 35 mm and make sure I have film and batteries.

But instead, I'm writing a not very interesting blog post.

Ah, priorities...

No comments:

Post a Comment