Friday, February 15, 2008

The word from El Paso, Pt. 2

I can't believe it's Friday already. We're having a great time in Texas. Patrick's family is so nice.

Let's see. On Tuesday we rode around with Adrian and scouted out more sights in town. He drove us all over and we had a wonderful lunch at a restaurant called La Nortena. The tacos were just like my mother makes them (shells fried on a black cast iron skillet): delicious.

To tell you the truth, a lot of what we've been doing involves eating, and with one exception, it hasn't been disappointing. The food out here, Mexican and otherwise, has been top notch.

Wednesday, Patrick and I got up early and headed to New Mexico again, this time to Carlsbad Caverns. I've been in caves before (Crystal Caves in Sequoia, but not since I was really young); Carlsbad was HUGE. Unfortunately it's not bat season, so we missed the famous bat flight, but all in all it was a really interesting time. It took us about three hours to tour the whole place (and I must be very much out of shape, because my legs are still sore), and it was beautiful. Photos to come!

When we got back home to El Paso, Patrick wanted to have dinner at this place called Chico's Tacos (personally I wanted to visit La Nortena again...). It wasn't my favorite, let's just put it that way.

Thursday was again spent with Adrian graciously playing tour guide. We saw the historic part of El Paso - the old Fort Bliss buildings, El Paso high school (which is beautiful) and ... Oh! More later. We have to go pick up Patrick's mom and take her shopping now.

No comments:

Post a Comment