Sunday, February 24, 2008

"That sent chills up my spine."

Last night after the show (hey! You have two more chances to see "The Bald Soprano" at City Garage! What are you waiting for?), I was waiting in the lobby for Patrick to come pick me up. Cynthia, the actress who plays daffy, forgetful Mrs. Martin, was also waiting, and I told her what a good show it was last night (it was - they really did a wonderful job). I told her that she delivers my favorite line in the whole show (see title of today's post), and she told me that she noticed that line usually gets a laugh, but sometimes it doesn't. I told her that for me, what I like about it, is when she says it sarcastically - as if she really means to say, "That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen." It's a funny moment, and it goes by pretty fast, but I love it. I like watching her onstage, she's always good.

Before we talked about that, she thanked me for being in the booth (she really is a very sweet person, and I enjoy her offstage, too. She's so nice!), and she told me that to her it feels as if I am a part of the cast as well. I don't know if I'd go that far, but it was a nice thing to say. I'm getting ready to head down there now, and I hope tonight's show goes as well as yesterday's.

No comments:

Post a Comment