Friday, February 29, 2008

Sit down

7:45 p.m.
I'm practicing my flute for the first time - I'll admit it - in months. I've played my flute but none of that counts as practicing. Last night we had flute choir for the first time in awhile, and then I missed a couple of weeks due to work, and I had to work my ass off. Good players, everywhere.

Right now I was just playing some long tones (E flat Major)... and about half way through I wanted to (needed to?) sit down.

Not a good sign.

Surprisingly the cats are not bleeding from the ears yet. Or packing their bags.

8:45 p.m.
Well, I'm done. It was only an hour, and yes, it did feel better eventually. Sounded better, too. I pulled out the Concertino, by Chaminade. I played it my senior year in high school, and it's fun, beautiful, and not that easy anymore. I'm wondering if Greg, a senior this year, will play it. I wonder if him being half my age makes me way fucking old. After that, I worked on flute choir music. We're playing some really fun, hard pieces, and in addition to the regular whole group stuff, we're doing some small ensembles. I'm in a quartet, working on a killer piece called "Dizzy Fingers," which should give you some idea of what to expect.

Now, I go to pop a big bowl of popcorn and plop back down on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment