Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I didn't realize I hadn't written since mom's surgery

I have a whole story to tell you, but first, just an update on what's been going on:

My mom went home today!

How did she get there? Well, that, my friends, is what the whole story is about. Except I have been having a week or so of shitty sleep, so I feel the need to tell you that you won't be reading that story tonight, because I took a little something to ensure that I would get a good night's rest. Also I am re-reading Jane Austen's "Persuasion" (a great book, but good for sleepy time. Someday a man will write me a secret note in which he states, "You pierce my soul." Maybe one day I will be that... piercing. Oh, wait. I play the piccolo, don't I. What am I saying?), and the combined total of those two things means I am guaranteed a good night's rest. Right?

Ah, I just didn't feel like drinking a beer.

(Someone suggested melatonin, but like, I don't even know what that is. This is a prescription. It's an extremely lightweight dose - or so I've been told. I got it from my doctor. I take it so infrequently that the majority of the pills in the last bottle expired before I could even take them, and my doctor only gives me like 20 at a time or something. So I feel just fine about taking them once a year or whatever it is. Man. I want to sleep. Like right now.)

My Facebook status right now is "sleep don't fail me now," a play on the phrase, "feet don't fail me now," which is corny and pathetic, but about right for my sense of humor at the moment.

Feh.

I go to bed. Here's to cotton sheets and pajamas.

See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment