Sunday, September 6, 2009

The thing I'm not telling you

I don't know who's reading my blog these days, or if you remember from three years ago... when my mom underwent treatment for cancer.

It was a big deal for us at the time but I would understand if you put it out of your mind, because I did. She had been checked out, and got the all clear. Three years.

Last week she had what seemed like a minor accident, but it was causing her a lot of pain, so my dad took her to the doctor. To make a long story short, after doing some preliminary MRIs, it looks like she's going to be going through all that again. It's a different place this time, but because we don't know much, I'm going to keep the details close for a while.

Anyway, next week she has a couple more appointments in nuclear medicine, and then on Wednesday, I'm going with them to the oncologist. We'll see what we find out then, and maybe I'll post an update.

Oh, and this is weird, but last time I wrote about this, I wasn't on Facebook. I haven't figured out exactly how I'm going to really do this, but I think I'm going to try to keep this information away from there. I know this blog is posted on my newsfeed (and I think I can change that), so it seems silly, but I'm going to try. And now that I am on FB, and my brothers are there too, I'd like to ask those of you reading this there who know them not to say anything to them unless they bring it up. I know that's awkward and who knows if it can even work, but I would hate to make them uncomfortable (my sister, who is perhaps wiser than the rest of us, like Patrick, refuses to join, probably for reasons like this). This is my story, and I don't think they should be bothered with talking about it publicly if they don't want to. Thank you for understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment