Sunday, May 2, 2010

Playing catch up (ketchup)

Let's see.

Last week (April 26) was our wedding anniversary! Twelve years! We took the weekend off and went to San Diego, where we went to the beautiful San Diego Zoo. I left the light/sound duties in Charles' very capable hands, and we drove an hour and a half down to San Diego. It was a beautiful weekend.

This weekend has been busy but fun. On Friday I sucked it up and finally contacted Merry Maids to come look at my house and give me a quote. The meeting with the lady went well, and that same day two women came out and kicked the shit out of the dirt and dust that was starting to take over my home. They did a great job, and will be coming every three weeks. It feels extravagant, and so right! Friday night I had a show at City Garage.

On Saturday I spent a couple of hours with my niece and nephew while their parents went to Costco. We had a great time - they're such great kids. We had a good time, and were all playing games on the Wii. We also played "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader"? I got all the music and English and grammar questions right, but it's no fair asking me PE questions and details about the rules of dodge ball. I was deathly afraid of dodge ball, a game I, at the age of 9, would've sworn had no rules other than "Kill the other team or if that's not possible, just aim at Irene's head." I swear I was hit in the face many times while playing dodge ball. Dodge ball is an evil, evil game. After that I got a heavenly massage at Studio Cie, and then I came home and took a three hour nap before it was time to go to Santa Monica for another show.

This morning, I got up and made a batch of Toll House cookies, then practiced my flute for awhile. My friend Chris came over and played some flute and guitar duets with me, and then we went to Santa Monica for the show, which was very good tonight.

By the way, there's an awesome review in the LA Times, which you can read, here.

On Monday my mom is getting re-staged - having another CT scan to check on everything. Hopefully the chemotherapy is doing it's job. We'll find out on Thursday.

Now it's time to go to bed and get ready for a week of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment