Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bad Girl, by Devendra Banhart

I love Devendra Banhart. He could be a total wack job - his music is beautiful, but there's this element in there that whispers, not quite balanced. It doesn't matter, because who is? Anyway, check him out. Gorgeous. And I don't mean, physically.

Anyway, he has a new album coming out this month, and "Bad Girl" (now playing on my MySpace page) is one of the songs, and I love it.

Wah, wah, wah, wah. Yep.

Bad Girl, by Devendra Banhart

I've been a bad girl
I ain't playin' fair
I want you to be free
But I don't wanna share
No don't wanna let ya go
But it's about time I do
I can't blame ya anymore and I still love you
Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah
I know it ain't easy being left on your own
Why did you leave me
Well I don't really know
Why wait another day
When a day won't change a thing
Please don't ever let me say that again
Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah
Mama I ain't waiting but I'm still holding on

He's going to be on Conan O'Brien later this month. I suggest you check him out.

Devendra Banhart: Official Website

...

Devendra has also just introduced me to the word saudade, something I've never known the word for, and for that I'm not exactly grateful, but rather something else, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment