Monday, September 17, 2007

I said howdy, he said hi

A man (or woman... it's hard to tell) in a white Ford-type vehicle just pulled up in front of my house and is sitting there, picking his (or her) teeth. He or she appears to be on the phone. Quite a bit of body movement - agitated.

Oh: off they go. Now I'll never know the sex of my mystery visitor.

["Paul Revere" by the Beastie Boys is on the radio. Do you think I scared them away?)

...

In other news: my headjoint case arrived today.

Maybe I didn't mention that I purchased a headjoint case at the flute convention? Ah: I still haven't finished writing that post, have I. and well, now? who cares? Anyway, I'd been wanting something a bit more substantial to store my old headjoint in - my silver Muramatsu headjoint has, I'm ashamed to say, been protected by only the funny quilted sleeve they sent it to me in. See, when I got my new headjoint (three years old now. Older than my car) I had to mail them my flute; and rather than keep the old headjoint here with me (logical, no? that must be why it never occured to me), I sent it off to Texas with my flute. I did kind of imagine that the new one might've had a case and therefore it would've just been a simple act to switch them out, but I guess not.

At the convention, the guy I bought the case from had sold out by the time I made up my mind (they are handmade, covered in leather, lined in velvet. They're quite nice, and therefore a bit expensive), so I had to order it and trust he would take my money and then mail it to me.

Today it arrived.

It's perfect. It looks like the world's tiniest coffin...

No comments:

Post a Comment