Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday Boring Sunday - Updated

This weekend wasn't especially busy, but I'm worn out.

Yesterday ran some errands, and hung out at home before heading up to Santa Monica for "Quartet." It was a good night, fun in the lobby before the show: I have to admit that I love the screwing around we indulge in before getting down the seriousness of the actual performance.

Today Patrick and I got up early and went to the LB Antique Market... he wanted to go the Cypress Swap Meet, but I just couldn't face the swap meet today. The flea market feels so much more genteel, which is, of course, bullshit, because bargain hunters = bargain hunters. They do sell beer at the Antique Market, though, which is definitely a plus. Anyway, after that, we headed down to Broadway for lunch at Olives, which was delicious. After that, down to Fingerprints, for U2's "Boy," and The Jam's, "Sound Affects." Finally, home for a short (too short, as it turned out) nap before back up to Santa Monica for another terrific performance of "Quartet." I personally was feeling a bit out of it tonight, but the show itself was stunning, as usual.

Now I'm home, watching the Emmy's, wondering who hired Ryan Seacrest as host, and wondering what's for dinner.

I go now, to dig up something to eat, and to prepare for the week ahead. I hope it's calmer than last week.

...

Oh, and while last week I was rather proud of my surprising ability to contol my tears, tonight I lost the battle. No real reason, just tired. And, that salad dressing commercial where the guy misses his family? Heartbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment