Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Project Speak Less - Be Adored

It's in process, people.

But there's no need to wait for me to reach completeness - you can go on ahead and continue/start adoring me anyway. Really, I'm sure I'll have this whole "speak less" thing perfected any day now.

Oh, and just to clarify: I'm the one, not Patrick, who said that horoscopes are for losers. I was mostly kidding, though.

...

Just got off the phone with my mom. She saw her GP today, who reviewed her PET scan with her. Dr. G. told her that the results were good. There's one detail we're still waiting for clarification on, but for now, I'm going to keep it to myself until we know more. Dr. G. said it wasn't necessarily something to be concerned with, but I think I'll hold that one close until we find out for sure. Anyway, in a bit of a teasing tone, I asked my mom the same question she always asks me when something good happens in my life: "Did you thank God?" She said, as I knew she would, "Of course!"

And then I told her, "I know you don't believe I do it, but I prayed for you about this." I followed that up with, "Maybe I don't do it for myself, but for you, I always pray for you."

Now, why I told her that, I'm not really sure. Anyway, she goes, "You should be thanking God for all the good things you have - your job..." I said, "But you're way more important."

Anyway, we talked some more about this and other stuff, and then we got off the phone. When I said what I said (see above: pay attention), I wasn't really thinking first. Now, I hoped to sort of point out to her that I'm not some fucking foul-mouthed heathen (she doesn't know about my foul mouth. I think) and to sort of ease her mind... but I think maybe all I did was just freak out myself instead.

See what happens to me when I start listening to U2 again?? I hate this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment