Saturday, September 29, 2007

Unrecognizeable

Excerpts from some emails I wrote yesterday:

Irene the Bean to Paul (10:04 a.m.):

Hey, Paul, is "Max Molina" a stage name?

Irene the Bean to maxmolina (10:09 a.m.):

Max are you sitting in an Adobe Acrobat 2 class right now? Or is it your twin?

I'm feeling so twilight zone right now...

Irene the Bean to maxmolina (10:24 a.m.):

His name is "Hector" and he winked at me. Impostor!

Paul to Irene the Bean (11:07 a.m.):

Did you just see the name? Or did you go to the class and it was totally him and he pretended not to know you?

Irene the Bean to Paul (11:15 a.m.):

No, he winked at me (!) and I thought it was him, but then I saw the name ["Hector"] and now I'm tripping. I am so confused. In profile it's totally him and the facial expressions are perfect. Guess it's a replicant.

Irene the Bean to maxmolina (2:05 p.m.):

Max, I have to apologize. If it's you, and I'm totally shining you on, I'm sorry. I'm having a mental block with facial recognition today! If it's not you, well, I've been giving some strange guy a weird half-"hey dude, how are you?" smile all day.

...

At the break, right after I sent the above message, I stepped out into the hall to go buy a Diet Coke, and I stopped and talked to Hector. First of all, I never do stuff like that. I learned well the message, "Don't talk to strangers." And maybe I'm shy (you think?). Anyway, turned out that Hector wasn't Max (of course), but merely a very nice guy who looks just like him.

...

Irene the Bean to maxmolina (bcc: Paul) (3:28 p.m.):

(As if you didn't already know) - It ain't you. Spoke to Hector the Impostor at break and we figured it out. Turns out he said I look like his friend Max's ex-girlfriend. Max! Who knew it was such a common name? Well, sound like a line to you too?

Did I mention? I'm having a very strange week.

All the best,
Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment