Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Holy mole-y

So obviously the whole world has been waiting with bated breath for the results of my recent teeny tiny shave biopsy of a teeny tiny mole. You can all exhale, because I heard from the doctor's office today. I actually got an email from the doctor, and a phone call from the nurse. Kaiser is so punctual with the email system they have now: I really like it. And the nurse was just as nice on the phone as she was for my "procedure." What's that? I should get to the point?

Here's what the doctor said:

RE: Shave biopsy performed on 4/10/09

To: Irene
From: Dr. Rossi
Received: 4/15/09 1:53 PM

Irene,

The biopsy was negative, my nurse may call you. The pathologist sent it to an outside pathologist for a second opinion, however.

I'm not sure how I feel about him ending a sentence with, however, however. I'm blaming the socks for the sketchy grammar. Or maybe he was wearing a Jerry Garcia tie. But: a second opinion? Surely that's just standard operating procedure, no cause for alarm. Instead I will imagine my little mole riding around town, seeing the sights, meeting new people... I'm kind of amazed that there was even enough (what? specimen?) stuff for a second (dissection?) viewing. It was that tiny. I was looking at an old profile photo (the picture was probably taken in 2006, when I was thinner and cuter and had longer hair), and the now-missing mole was barely visible. I never realized before just how cute it was. I'll have to grow another one, I guess.

Anyway. In other news, my cousins have once again invited us to their beautiful home for the annual family reunion in Aptos (near Santa Cruz), and I'm really excited, because it means a trip to San Jose and Falafel Drive-In. I'm not sure how I'll be feeling in August, but right now the thought of having a banana milkshake in less than 4 months makes me very happy, indeed. I need something to look forward to!

Finally: I've been talking with a friend about something that's been very much on my mind but absent from the many other personal topics I discuss on this blog. It's kind of a crazy fantasy, to tell you the truth, but I'm a bit stuck, right now, because that's all it is: fantasy. Never gonna happen. Thinking about it and the finality of it is totally bringing me down, perhaps noticeably. And this friend (wise, mysterious, nameless, sexless friend!) told me that the way through this blockage is that I have to figure out what I want to happen next and start fantasizing about that. So. I have been trying to figure out what I want to happen next, and the truth is, figuring this out isn't making me any happier (because reality is fierce and I am a bunny rabbit). I feel a bit like I'm having a temporary lapse of insanity. I feel a bit like I am finally possibly getting to the point where I can let this stupid fantasy go and get a grip. And that, my friends, kind of sucks.

On the other hand, not worrying/annoying Patrick and moving on to something positive, well, that would be a good thing. I'm going to look forward to that.

Yes. Cryptic today = me. Next year I will read this and hopefully wonder what the hell I was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment