Friday, April 3, 2009

Isn't it a pity

(Title of today's post refers to a George Harrison song. Back to the Beatles theme? Maybe. I'm using it because of this part:

Some things take so long
But how do I explain
When not too many people
Can see we're all the same
And because of all their tears
Their eyes can't hope to see
The beauty that surrounds them
Isn't it a pity)

My trial was wrapped up today, and I am so glad. It was rough, jury duty, and I'm pretty sure I could write all about it now if I wanted to (the judge said something about us waiting 90 days to write our books), or maybe I can't, I don't really remember. It doesn't matter, because I'm not going to write about it, not here, anyway. Nothing case-specific, for sure.

I will say that the jurors went through a lot, we were all pretty much stressed out, and I wasn't the only one who was a mess last night. Patrick took me out for hot fudge sundaes and french fries last night, and eating all that crap and getting out of the house, well, in a funny way it helped, a lot. We had to make a hard decision, but we did, and it's over, and on April 17 the guy will be sentenced, and I'm very much glad that I will have no part in that portion of this experience.

It's over. I'm sleeping in tomorrow and maybe sneaking off for a massage or facial or something as a reward. I deserve it, no?

Tonight I'm off to the theater for The Bourgeois Gentilhomme at City Garage, and I hope to see you there, either on Fridays for this show, or Saturday or Sunday for The School For Wives.

See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment