Monday, April 13, 2009

Short fuse

Tonight, I was telling the following story to Patrick. When I got to the "punch line" he made the comment, though he was laughing, "You have a very short fuse today."

Today I went to lunch with a group of ladies I don't normally lunch with.

While eating their frozen yogurt, one of them decided to tell a story about her niece who works at a yogurt shop. She started with, "My niece works at a yogurt shop!" And then she had to stop, because she couldn't remember the name. She took about 20 minutes trying to remember the name of the yogurt shop. She finally gave up. There was no follow up statement.

I'm telling Patrick this story, right? (Oh, and we were on our way to WalMart, so you know I was already pissed off.) And my punchline was, "Thank you for telling me such a fascinating story, lady!"

I'm grumpy. It makes me snotty. And I'm not talking about sinuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment