Thursday, April 30, 2009

The voices of my co-workers...

are driving me nuts today.

...

Nothing else much to report, except that I shall be a bit busy during the next three days: flute choir, a quartet rehearsal, show, party, show, family, show. In between that stuff I would like to eat, read, do some laundry, cuddle up with Patrick and/or a kitty or two, practice my part to "The Magic Flute In 5 Minutes," and other music I have to work on, and maybe vacuum the whole house. I'm not ambitious, I just miss my weekend days of lying around watching TV (marathons of shows like "Make Me A Supermodel" or catching the movie "Sneakers" on Encore! I can't believe that came out in 1992! Poor dead River Phoenix. I liked him so much).

In anticipation of the long commute to Culver City tonight, I went to Chipotle with a young co-worker of mine, Alex, and picked up a burrito bol for another co-worker, and a great big steak burrito for me. Hmmm. Now I'm sitting here, planning my next move vis-à-vis some filing I'm finally doing at work. I ran out of these things and with the budget what it is, it's not likely that I'll get more, unless I buy them myself.

The only other exciting thing going on is the fact that I bought a Snickers bar about 44 minutes ago and have been patiently waiting for it to be 3 o'clock so that I can eat it. I'm not sure about the signficiance of the time, I only know that I'm pacing myself.

3 minutes to go.

1 comment:

  1. Sneakers is my favorite movie! Everyone is so good in it, but my favorite part is when blind David Strathairn drives the van, and he's like "I'm driving, I'm driving!" and then he crashes the van, and then Robert Redford comes to relieve him, and David Strathairn is like "Where too, fellas?"

    Such a good movie.

    ReplyDelete