Saturday, May 2, 2009

My semi-weekly self-portrait from the booth

New glasses, too!

...

What a fun day yesterday was (I'm writing this Sunday morning but the photo is from last night)! I went to a party at the home of one of the cast members from both The School For Wives and The Bourgeois Gentilhomme at City Garage (many of the members are in both shows. They're all hard workers). He served us up brunch (I took a slightly frozen Trader Joe's New York cheesecake that I think everyone enjoyed - they ate it all, anyway! - along with some strawberries and blackberries) and we watched the Kentucky Derby. Fun! Patrick had to work, but when he got home, while I was doing the show, he and my dad hung out and watched the boxing match. It would've been cool if I could've been home, too, but we didn't plan it ahead of time. Still, I think it was nice for Patrick and my dad to spend time alone together.

After the Kentucky Derby party, I went to the show in Santa Monica, where I was happy to find a pretty big group of folks to see the show, and then I came home and read a bit and finally Patrick and I went to bed. It was a nice day. Today Pat's off with his brothers to help clean up their mother's yard, and I slept in, read a bit more, ate some hummus and pitas, and have been organizing and obsessing over my iTunes music folder. What I should be doing is taking photos of some things I have to sell on eBay, including a beautiful pair of shoes my co-worker asked me to sell for her. They're Betsey Johnson, I think a size 6.5. Too small for me, but if you're interested, well, let me know and I'll send a picture soon.

Now I think I'll go wash some towels and maybe take a nap before I have to go pick up Bo for the Sunday afternoon performance of The School For Wives. Today's show (and all Sunday shows) is pay-what-you-can, so if you're interested in that get your butt down to City Garage Theater in Santa Monica by 4:15 to buy your ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment