Friday, May 15, 2009

Spin!

I tried spinning today at the gym.

It was hard, but fun. I will definitely keep doing it. I couldn't really stand up - I can see that's going to take awhile - but I kept up (while seated), and only had to stop at the very end to take a little break, and I started pedalling again after.

Here's the deal. I'm not that experienced with taking classes at the gym (remember my short-lived kick boxing phase?), so maybe you just get used to it, but it embarrasses me when the teacher praises me. Totally knocks me out when some woman wearing a Britney Spears cordless mic is all, "You're doing great! Keep it up!"

My sister-in-law, who was on the bike next to me probably didn't notice, but when the teacher goes, "You can do it! You know what you're capable of!" I actually got a little teary-eyed. Teary-eyed. Jesus, I'm a pussy.

Of course she didn't notice because I was sweating like a PIG, but I don't know if I like thinking about my capabilities. I don't like it. It upsets me. It disturbs my slacker tendencies and I don't like that.

Then again, maybe I'm just hormonal today.
It's certainly possible.

Anyway, I think next time I'll just keep watching everyone around me, keep pushing myself, ignore the inspirational sayings (maybe I need someone to yell at me, like a drill sergant? No, I don't think I'd like that, either) or take it less seriously, and maybe by this time next year I'll be wearing shorts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment