Wednesday, May 6, 2009

All in a day's work

My co-workers were particularly annoying today. Our boss hurt herself and will be out for at least another month. The dude taking her place appears to be stirring things up. He's nice enough but I am not good at figuring out when he's joking around and when he's serious. So I tend to be straight as a judge around him, and that is no fun at all. Meanwhile, my co-workers (who know him better than I do) are kissing his ass, acting like idiots, talking amongst themselves all the damn time, including while I am ON THE PHONE, not picking up their print jobs at the network printer (including highly sensitive material, which is not only inconsiderate, but stupid as well), and one demonstrated his old man wino laugh all freaking day today.

And I got a (temporary) huge assignment today, so I will be working two desks for a little while.

Yay for me.

No, really, I am truly grateful to have this job. Just today was a bit too much. Cokes helped a little. So did going to the gym. Watching the first 35 minutes of American Idol did not.

Not seen in photo:

My print out of a free version of "Death In Venice," which I am reading at work while I read "Jeff In Venice..." at home.

Why?

Because "Jeff In Venice" is a tiny bit too sexy to be read in my cubicle.

1 comment:

  1. Irene, you drink so very many Coke products.

    When my coworkers are annoying holy hell out of me, I go to the gas station on the corner and get a cherry Icee and a king-sized bag of peanut M&Ms. Then ten minutes later I am on planet sugar, and no one else is invited.

    ReplyDelete