Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What are words for?

Hi.

Did you notice that I posted three separate items yesterday?

Three (well, at least 2) separate, rather long, tedious and um, long, items?

Today I am not going to do that. And I apologize for hitting you with the jury duty novel in process. No end was in sight so I just stopped writing after awhile. I know you, my loyal readers, were expecting a pithy or at least whimsical wrap-up, which I neglected to provide. When I come up with one I'll let you know.

Though, there was one thing I forgot to mention:

In the courtroom, during the first day or two of hearing witness testimony, I was curious about the defendant. I may have looked in his general direction once or twice, and I may have caught his eye on those occasions. Never, in my whole entire life have I actually been happy to be crosseyed. ("Are you looking at me, or...?")

Anyway, instead of telling you more boring stories, allow me to present you with the following full-strength Coca Cola induced statement that popped into my brain a few moments ago. From my brain to your eyes to your brain:

"Scanning other peoples' shoddily completed work on a slow-ass, noisy all-in-one printer straight out of 2004 for three hours sucks."

See ya.

P.S. Today's title refers to the Missing Persons song "Words." Patrick and I watched some bits and pieces of the "US Festival" last night, and I particularly enjoyed their performance. Dale Bozzio's outfit was spectacular (she made me want to go to the gym. And stop eating. And dye my hair blue), and Terry managed to look like he could swallow the drums whole (he looked like he needed a meal or two). I was very impressed. I also enjoyed seeing the Divinyls again. I sense some downloading in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment