Thursday, April 2, 2009

In limbo

This is my sixth day of jury duty (not in a row: we were off Tuesday, so I went to work). I go back tomorrow, hopefully the last day.

You may have noticed I haven't generated a lot of content this week.

Or maybe you haven't noticed.

Anyway, either way: I haven't generated a lot of content this week. To tell the truth, I'm tired. Jury duty is tiring. Sitting there is tiring. Looking at what we've been given to look at is tiring. Listening is tiring. Participating in discussions is tiring. No, it's not coal mining or getting shot at or deep-sea diving or brain surgery; I'm just a bit worn out. It's nothing a nice long nap and/or soak in the tub and/or nice cold beer won't cure. But the end result is: I'm tired.

The other thing on my mind is something that happened on Sunday night. I think I might've made a big mistake. Or, it's possible it wasn't a mistake at all: I said something either I needed to say, damn the consequences, or I said something I never should've said and the consequences are damning me. I just haven't heard anything, either way, so right now I'm kind of in limbo. That silence is punishment enough.

It's not related to my trial, and I could talk about it if I wanted to, but. I don't want to. So, hello, limbo.

Does any of that make sense? I didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment