Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Answering a stranger's questions...

I got this list of questions from another blog I read (great title: Blogging is for dorks) and thought I'd do it. Here goes. If anybody on FB wants to do it themselves, I say go for it, dudes.

1. Describe the person nearest to you, or if no one is near you at this moment the person who was last nearest to you, duh.
Patrick is in the living room. I've known him since I was 17. He has black/gray hair, which is long and almost always in a ponytail. His hair, when not in a ponytail, attains a level of waviness and curl that makes me positively jealous and drives him nuts. He has a gorgeous big nose (I love big noses), and funny, tiny eyebrows. He has almost no hair on his chest, which I love. When we started really dating when I was 23 or so he was rocking that perfect V shaped torso, and his slim hips and broad chest and awesome drummer's calves were super sexy. He's still got it. He's logical, methodical, an "organized" Leo (his egocentric ways are balanced by his incredible sense of fairness). He can do anything computer-related. He knows way more about classical music than I do yet he almost always mispronounces "Bach." He can parallel park his car in spaces that seem way too small. His taste in music leans toward the esoteric and strange, but he likes Steely Dan, Black Sabbath and Aerosmith.

2. Who do you think you resemble most in your immediate family and why?
As I get older I'm starting to look more and more like my mother, though we have different body shapes and skin color. My mom's skin is paler, and I, of course, am dark like my dad: a nice shade of cafe au lait. But I think our facial features are similar - we both have kind of big noses, our mouths are well-formed, our eyebrows are thick and dark.

3. Who do you think (what nation, group or individual) is the biggest threat to our nation's security?
Oh, I don't want to answer this question. Um... ignorance is the biggest threat to our nation's security.

4. What do you do at night before you go to sleep? Do you have any rituals, usual behaviors?
Brush teeth, wash face, use some sort of skincare product geared toward minimizing pores/lines/aging, moisturizer, read something, set alarm, kiss Patrick.

5. What's the most challenging thing about being a parent? OR If you don't have children, what do you think will be the most challenging thing about being being a parent?
Being responsible for someone else, abandoning my selfish behaviors, not fucking them up.

6. What do you think is your most attractive feature?
I like my mouth, too (Erin, who wrote these questions also likes her mouth). In the 10th grade, the viola player from the pit orchestra (she was a hired gun) told me that I had a pretty mouth and at the time I thought that was a crazy thing to tell a 15 year old kid you didn't know but you know what? It was just nice. I never forgot it.

7. Who is your favorite blog friend? Link them!
Hollie. Her blog is fun and personal. She seems like a cool girl.

8. Max just got in trouble for hitting Olivia in the throat. She's now sitting in time out screaming 'I'm STUPID!' at the top of her lungs. Should I ignore her till her time out is over, or should I talk to her now and ruin the time out?
I don't know these people (children). Um. Talk to her now.

9. Who was the first person you kissed and where are they now?
I think it was my brother's friend M. We were all running around in all the front yards on our block and somehow he and I ended up playing in the camper, and he kissed me? I kissed him? It wasn't a big deal. Now we've reconnected on FB and I have a feeling he wouldn't remember this happening.

10.Ok, here's the final crapola questionado: What's the grossest thing you've ever done or has ever happened to you?
I stepped on a snail while barefoot when walking my ex-boyfriend to his car while I lived at home with my parents. I made him hose off my foot for about 20 minutes before he could go. Kisses were required as well. Did you know? It's the only way to truly get the snail slime off your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment