Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tonight's ride brought to you by the letter B.

Tonight I wanted to see how the 3.2 mile ride to the local Middle School where the wind symphony is (seriously, "Wind Symphony" just sounds so freakin' silly to me that I'm just going to call it Band. Is that okay with you?) would be before Monday comes along, so I did a test drive on the way home from work, and then went for a test ride (Long Beach is relatively bike friendly, and it's so close, but you know me, I'm kind of nuts).

It was fine. It took less than 15 minutes (god I hope so, if it's only 3 miles away), and was easy enough. It should be even easier when the class gets out at 9:50 (damn that's a long class) and there's less traffic. Since I didn't want to have just ridden 6.4 miles tonight (see how I did that math?), I zoomed around the neighborhood for awhile, and then I went to CVS to pick up some Claritin D, because it is time for me to admit that I am not managing my allergies very well at all with the regular Claritin/Alavert Reddi-tabs.

Walking around CVS in my helmet, sunglasses and gloves, I kind of felt like a dork, but a teeny tiny part of me also felt... cool.

Weird, that.

Close to my house I took this picture, and as you can see, my skillz with the camera haven't improved. Well, in my defense, it was a cell phone camera, I was traveling at about 12 miles an hour, and possibly making a turn with one hand on the bike. So there's that.

B. It stands for blurry. Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment