Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dizzy: not just over you.

I've been using Claritin-D for about 2 weeks, and I've found that not only does it not work for me (I am continuing to sneeze and exhibit watery eyes, along with itchy skin), but today and yesterday I experienced a little dizziness, as well.

My dizziness isn't that severe, but I think this might be it for me using it. I'm done.

My doctor ordered a (dreaded and despised) intranasal spray for me yesterday. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and use that instead. Pun intended.

From www.drugs.com:

Claritin-D 12-Hour Sustained-Release Tablets

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor,
side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects
persist or become bothersome when using Claritin-D 12 Hour 12-Hour
Sustained-Release Tablets:

Coughing; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth;
excitability; fatigue; headache; loss of appetite; mild stomach upset; nausea;
nervousness; sleeplessness; sore throat; thirst.

Seek medical attention
right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Claritin-D
12-Hour Sustained-Release Tablets:

Severe allergic reactions (rash;
hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the
mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; difficulty urinating; fast or
irregular heartbeat; mental or mood changes; seizures; severe dizziness;
uncontrolled shaking or tremor.
A friend just told me that good ol' vitamin C can help battle allergies. I'm going to give that a try, too. Meanwhile, No More Claritin.

I found this reference from Google Books (from The complete idiot's guide to vitamins and minerals By Alan H. Pressman, Sheila Buff) about it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment