Monday, August 10, 2009

MSR at The Airliner

















Fake interview with myself:

Q. So, why are these pictures so blurry, Irene?
A. I don't like to use flash when people are performing, and I didn't want to fuss with a tripod with a little digital camera. I did use the timer, which sometimes helps with the blur, but see the answer to the third question. And the summary, below.

Q. So, why were you unable to get all three dudes in one photo?
A. This place was really small: I would've had to have been behind the bar to get all three guys in one shot. As it was, I had to step aside every time the bartender needed to take a leak (or whatever he was doing the three times he walked out from behind the bar).

Q. What's up with that red hue permeating everything?
A. The lighting situation was strange (that wall was really brown, but the red flashing neon sign that said "food" [behind me] appears to have gotten it's stink all over these pictures). I could've sworn Jeff's shirt was blue, but I guess not.

Summary: I'm a crappy photographer.

But I like these pictures, anyway.

There's a couple more, but I'll spare you. I do really, really like this one:


2 comments:

  1. Brace the camera against something, a wall, or even the back / top of a chair. Also, if you are shooting with a DSLR, you may be able to crank up the ISO / ASA. This will make for more grainy pictures (this can be artistic), but will allow you to shoot at a faster shutter speed. Still, in any indoor venue like this (dark), you'll need to brace the camera in some way.

    -Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just a little digital, and what I really wanted to be doing was watching (and listening), so I didn't really plan ahead. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete