Monday, August 31, 2009

Chicago update

Well.

We've been here since Thursday, and in that time have seen and done and eaten many wonderful things. Among them (I will leave it to you to figure out which things were digestible; I will add links later): Millenium Park, the Art Institute, a boat tour down the Chicago River, a tour of Farnsworth House, Frontera Grill (which was deliciously yummy), we've walked the amazing streets of Chicago, which are full of all kinds of wonderful stuff to look at, real Chicago style pizza, "Jersey Boys" at the beautiful Bank of America theater...

We're having a great time. I think Chicago is my favorite city to visit now. I'll have to go to New York again to compare but... right now Chicago is winning.

My friends and my boss have been keeping me updated on the fire situation back home in L.A. A very scary situation there, and I heard that two LA County firefighters were killed. Very scary, very sad. I hope they get that under control soon.

And of course there was a show at City Garage that I didn't do last night. The word is that it was great, and I'm so glad.

Today we're taking it easy (for a vacation we've sure been getting up early!) but might head to Graceland Cemetery before going to Wrigley Field to see the Cubs vs. the Astros. Fun! Tomorrow we go home, and Wednesday I go back to work.

More cell phone photos to come, I'm sure. And real photos probably on Friday, for those who are interested.

See you later,
Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment