Friday, April 27, 2007

Allergic Reaction- !

This morning I woke up with a crazy allergic reaction to something... my eyes were all puffy and itchy, and my neck was red and itchy. My throat felt kind of swollen, too. I called in and made a doctor's appointment. No idea what caused it, but was given some topical medication and some pills, and sent on my way with permission from the MD to stay home.

So yesterday was my wedding anniversary! Nine whole years. Can hardly believe it's been so long. We're going out tonight to celebrate... hopefully no one will think my puffy eyes (it's gone down some but not much) are because of Patrick! When I got home from flute choir, we sat on the couch and watched the video from our wedding. It was cool to see Patrick's dad (he passed away five years ago). I had forgotten that my own dad, upon depositing me at the altar, was crying a little when he answered "Who gives this woman...?" Very sweet. My daddy.

After we watched the video, I got out my wedding dress to see if it still fits. It totally doesn't but it was fun playing dress up, anyway. I need to get it to the dry cleaners. Hey, maybe that's what the allergies were from... It's been hanging in a plastic garment bag, but the zipper wasn't closed completely. Maybe there was a lot of dust or something.

Oh, and an update on my week of debauchery (food debauchery) - I was weighed in, and I lost .2 pounds! It's not much, but it brings the total pounds lost to SEVEN pounds. Am feeling very proud of myself, in spite of my going overboard a few times. Hopefully my idea of going "overboard" is nowhere near what it used to be, and that's why I lost. I don't know, but I was glad I didn't gain.

Today I cheated and watched "Ugly Betty" without waiting for Patrick... I hope he's not mad. We love that show! I'll definitely watch it with hin when he's ready to see it, but I couldn't wait. I stopped at Target on my way home from the doctor and bought some cleaning supplies so I could do some cleaning up around here, but I didn't do anything. Instead I just watched TV and had lunch.

This message is pretty boring, isn't. Perhaps I should've stopped with the title. No, that's not all that interesting, either, is it. Hey, SEVEN POUNDS! Woo-wee!