Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"Curves" in My Living Room: It's Free, Fun, and Only Takes 12 Minutes

Oh, my god.

What have I done? In the past three days I have eaten all the things I haven't eaten in months.

So to compensate...

After watching "Heroes," I stood up from the couch, and started jogging in place. Did that for awhile, but then it got boring, so a few minutes later, I decided to pretend I was jumping rope. What, no rope? No problem! I did that for a while, and then my calves started to feel a bit cramp-y, so I started walking in place... did that for a few minutes, and then I decided to try jogging in place again. Meanwhile, about nine minutes had passed. Patrick woke up from his nap on the couch, and we were watching The Colbert Report. I don't know if laughter burns calories, but I was definitely breathing hard.

Unfortunately, I could only keep that up for about 12 minutes. However, when I was done, I ran out into the backyard and did two laps on the grass.

I may have looked like a gigantic fool, but who could see me? Only Patrick, and he's seen me doing stupider stuff. And the cats, but they think everything I do is alternately fascinating, or dull: either way, they don't judge.

Oh, and I'm excited: my co-worker Andrea (she looks like Jordin Sparks) brought me a bottle of Diet Coke Plus today, and by tomorrow it should be cold enough to try. Pretty neat.

Fortified!