Thursday, August 30, 2007

Checking In

Not much has happened to me since my last post:

I learned that in one month of no Weight Watchers meetings, travel, and just being a giant pig, I gained approximately 2.3 pounds - not as bad as I thought, but not something I want to repeat in the next four weeks, either;

I took an Adobe Acrobat (Level 1) class at New Horizons today. I found out that everything I am really interested in learning about won't happen until the Level 2 class, next month. I somehow managed to stay awake - that in itself was a miracle;

The City of Long Beach, without even needing to be asked, yesterday provided us with a Brand New Trash Can, and left it without a word at the curb (those of you attempting to triangulate my exact location can now all get out your charts of the Garbage Collection Schedule for the City of Long Beach... and narrow your search down to the streets that have garbage collection on Wednesdays. Good luck, fools). Ah, the joys of living in the suburbs, where a shiny new garbage can make such a difference in a young(ish) family's life...

And finally...

I actually do have a bladder infection, which I know, I know, is WAY TOO MUCH FUCKING INFORMATION FOR THE INTERNET, but I mention it here because... because... Because Bruce knew. He held his hand over my bladder, and he said to me, "I feel something here." What that freaky motherfucker felt was that I have a bladder infection, and I, for one, am not letting that go by without commenting on it. My only symptoms: back pain and nocturia (my new favorite word) which I didn't tell him about. How the hell did he know?

That said, and knowing that I was going to Share The News of My Bladder Infection on my blog, when I went to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription, and the cute guy behind the counter who was probably at least 10 years younger than me announced that a pharmacist would be coming to speak to me, I was pleased to learn that I still possess the inclination to be ashamed (the Internet has not taken it away entirely), because I was soo embarrassed when the pharmacist (who looked like Mike Brady) said, "This is for a urinary tract infection..." Quite loud, I would like to add. He said it QUITE LOUDLY. And I know the Cute Pharmacy Guy heard. I know he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment