Saturday, August 18, 2007

Quartet: Heiner Muller - Flute Lesson - Random Other Stuff

Last night was opening night of "Quartet," by Heiner Muller, at City Garage Theatre in Santa Monica (on the list of things I could've said/given to Stewart Copeland: I should've handed him a postcard for this show. Just one more example of me not thinking). I missed it. Opening night, I mean (I think this is going to be a successful show at City Garage, and I can't wait to talk to everyone and see how it went last night).

Anyway, I have a newly reinforced dedication to my flute lessons, which is where I was instead. It was a fun lesson, my first one since returning from the flute convention.

We played a lot last night - we worked on new stuff for my warm up sessions (and let's be truthful: I am less then diligent about my warm ups), which involves me thinking about arpeggios and inversions and will most likely make my head explode at first but seemed doable. And we worked with the piano, which I always love for some reason. We did extensions, and I heard where I'm out of tune and what I need to do to correct it (let's see if I can remember, though, the details of what we talked about, when I'm playing them next time. I'm not good at remembering that stuff. But I do, when I'm well-practiced, tend to play more often in tune than out of tune, so I must subconsciously know what I'm doing. I know that sounds really half-assed and stupid, but at least it's something).

Anyway, it was a long night, but full of playing, and I liked it. In fact, I have plans to practice today, after I do some more laundry and go to Target. Nothing exciting, and so, because when I'm not writing good stories about my encounters with famous people, this blog consists of photos of my cat and my shopping lists, so why not just jump right back in with something boring:
  1. Shower curtain rings
  2. Containers for Q-tips and cotton balls
  3. Q-tips
  4. Cotton balls
  5. Kitty litter
  6. Paper towels
  7. Toilet paper

Exciting list, no? See, this is what happened - when we originally painted our bathroom green (green: X-Files green. Fluorescent green. A green so green it makes your corneas hurt), I freaked out and backed away from embracing the green. Instead of focusing on the particular noxious shade I had chosen, I decided to tone it down by introducing blue. So we had a white shower curtain with blue and green flowers, and blue accessories. But then when we were shopping for paint colors for the kitchen, I came across this little sample photo from Behr that showed a green bathroom, almost the same insane green as my green, with white and red accents, and it looked very nice.

So now I have a plan to try to emulate that example, and see if I can't make my bathroom a little less dowdy and a little more interesting. We'll see. I might just settle for "clean."

No comments:

Post a Comment