Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Obsessed / You're Everywhere That I'm Not

I'm not even sure if this is the greatest song ever, or deserves my complete and total adoration (though I'm giving it anyway), but nonetheless:

I love it.

You're in Nova Scotia, but I'm not!

And WHY can't I start packing? What the hell...? I think the truth is, I'm excited about the trip, but I don't really want to go. I don't know why I'm so conflicted: maybe it's because last night was the first run-through of Quartet, and it went really well, except for some confusion about the first four light cues, and apparently I was late with light cue #18 (? Charles may have been pulling my leg with that one; he told me the night before that it was "a delight" to work with me again... I don't know. I never know how to take it when those people compliment me), but other than that, doing it was a blast. This is a much, much shorter show than Rhinoceros was, and much more back into the typical dense City Garage stuff: it's somebody else's sex infused dream, and all you can do is sit back and watch - the cues are easier and there are only three audio cues (instead of 20 or whatever I had for Rhino)... It could be that I have a lot of fun there, and now I'm leaving and won't be back until two days before opening night, which I will also be missing, and I wish the timing hadn't worked out this way.

My timing sucks when I'm not playing music. And even then it's a little sketchy sometimes.

It could be that Patrick and I have had two really sweet and wonderful weekends in a row, and here I am, leaving for eight days, and I feel a bit guilty about that. And I will also be missing his birthday - AGAIN.

It could be that I'm gonna miss my kitten.

It could be that...

No comments:

Post a Comment