Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Quartet at City Garage: The LA Weekly Says "Go!"

Not only has City Garage Theatre's production of Heiner Muller's "Quartet" gotten a "Go" and a positive review from the LA Weekly, Backstage West has published an incredibly glowing review, maybe the most positive review I've ever read.

Many congratulations to Troy, Sharon, Mariko, and David, who, with their brilliant and beautiful performances bring something so special three days a week to the city of Santa Monica and the tiny City Garage stage, thanks to Frederique Michel's unique vision and Charles Duncombe's skill at lighting that vision.

Oh, I know how cliched all that sounds. But I am so proud of this show, and glad that I'm a tiny part of it.

...

Now, I just wish my TV watching were so brilliant and beautiful: I am sitting on the couch, after having consumed a whole third of a box of Club wheat crackers, watching an ABC Family presentation of "Ice Princess," starring Michelle Trachtenberg, Hayden Panettiere, and Kim Catrell. Oh, and Joan Cusack is here, too: Joan Cusack, who could've been my sister-in-law, if my teenage fantasy of marrying Lloyd Dobbler had come true.

...

And finally, I would like to take a moment to say Happy (Late) Birthday to my old friend Adam, with whom I saw "Say Anything" when it first came out, and who, when I was 17, might've been the real-life inspiration for Lloyd Dobbler, right down to the Fishbone t-shirt. Minus that whole kickboxing thing. And he wasn't quite as successful at teaching me how to drive stick as Lloyd was with Diane. Oh, well: nobody's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment