Friday, October 19, 2007

Lazy Day - Updated

Spent the morning asleep. I can think of no better way to spend the morning. Woke up to the sound of someone either revving the motor of a very small motorcycle or wielding a chainsaw. Eventually that noise stopped, and I went back to sleep. Then I woke up with the Who's "Going Mobile" in my head. I've been a bit obsessed with it this week - of course I knew the song before, but I'd never really paid attention to the lyrics. They're not all that profound, but Pete Townshend wrote a very funny song.

Beep beep!

I think I've been awake now for about 30 minutes, and I'm hungry. I have a book to read (The Three Musketeers!) and a ton of TV to catch up on. I missed not only Heroes, but also the Bionic Woman and -gasp- we have two weeks of Ugly Betty and the Office to watch. And the house to clean. And laundry to do. The neighbor is mowing his lawn, the cats are dozing still, and all I'm thinking about is what's for lunch.

What's for lunch!

...

Okay, so I kinda lied. Lunch is not the only thing on my mind. Yesterday I realized that I had forgotten to pay the other traffic ticket I got this year (yes, I was the proud recipient of two speeding tickets within a span of less than one month. and yes, I learned my lesson and slowed the fuck down). I think maybe I was sort of hoping it would go away.

Yes, I am a grown up. No, this is not how I deal with everything.

Anyway, so the notice I got and finally read stated that due to my, uh, what do you call it, negligence, notification had been sent to the DMV and a hold placed on my license.

Since I had to leave for the 30 mile trip to Culver City and flute choir within an hour of reading the notice, and "leaving for Culver City" was going to require me to drive -well, panic ensued. "Panic ensued" are two words that do not come close to describing the feelings I was feeling. And you all know how I feel about feelings these days. Anyway, not wanting to freak out Patrick, I went online and paid it. It was quite a bit of money, and I'm definitely feeling bad about it. Obviously for this one I can't do traffic school. And: I'm not going to lie: I'm definitely feeling bad about it.

Let's make this the last fuckup on my part for awhile, shall we? I mean, I can't rule out that I won't do or say anything stupid, but I'm going to at least try. Really. Really!

So. This is a lesson in two parts, isn't it.

A. One should not speed; and,
B. If one does speed, and one gets caught, one should pay up in a more timely fashion.

So. What's for lunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment