Monday, October 29, 2007

Solo

Does anybody out there remember the SNL spoof of "Ghost"? I can't remember if Patrick Swayze was the guest host or if it was Demi Moore, but they did this thing where "Sam" is a ghost, watching "Molly," who doesn't know she's being watched. Instead of sobbing and mourning her dead boyfriend as she did in the real movie, she's like, laying on the couch in huge sweats and picking her nose and stuff?

OK, so minus the nose picking? That's kinda exactly how the last three days have been.

Right now? I'm wearing Pat's Old Navy sweats, sitting next to a huge empty bowl that once contained enough popcorn to ship a rather large TV. I washed all the dishes. (Okay, so that's not gross but it is unusual. Highly unusual.) I super-washed my face: no masque (because I don't have any), but still: spent a good ten minutes exfoliating. I watched "Samantha Who?" I just watched "Friends," "Reba," "Two and a Half Men," and "Dancing With the Stars" (and I even voted. Go Kelly Taylor!), all shows Patrick hates (neither one of us has made a decision about "Samantha Who" yet. I want to like it; I love Christina Applegate, there are definitely some cute moments with Melissa McCarthy [Sookie lives!]) and which I, under normal circumstances, don't like to admit to watching.

Anyway, what the hell. I'm even watching "The Bachelor" (though I think my eyes are bleeding...?). Tomorrow I have my first lighting/sound rehearsal for "The Bald Soprano," and it's kind of the end of my freebie nights for a little while.

I suppose I could be doing something more exciting, but honestly, I can't think of anything. We're even out of beer.

Guess I'm just resigned to being boring. I think I'm gonna go now. Franny is looking at me, and she looks like she wants to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment