Sunday, October 7, 2007

Why I Love Road Trips with Patrick


Tonight, while driving back to our hotel from dinner, Patrick told me the following story:

"Back in 1985 or so, when I was working at the Marina Library, this lady used to come in and tell me I looked like her husband [Rod Stewart's song "Hot Legs" was playing on the radio], Philip Chen, Rod Stewart's guitarist."

At first I was confused - I thought he had said the lady was 85 or so, so I had to ask - wait a minute, how old is Philip Chen if his wife was 85 way back then?

He explained it again, and then he goes, "Yeah, I was probably too stupid to figure out that she was flirting with me."

He doesn't realize how cute he is now, let alone how he looked in 1985. And of course the truth is, he looks nothing like Phil Chen - that lady was either high or actually coming on to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment