Saturday, October 20, 2007

Two more chances

I just wanted to be sure I got this out there...

There are two more chances for you to see "Quartet" at City Garage... this is the closing weekend. I know I've been going on and on about the show, but I'm very proud to be a small part of this production. Maybe because it's the first show that I truly understand; maybe that sounds totally nuts: it ain't a nice show. Maybe I'm not a nice person.

Anyway, here's a tantalizing quote from the LA Times, if you need more convincing:

There is nudity, yes, and even simulated sex, but don't expect titillation from these concupiscent charades. Müller seldom mentions sex without a graphic reference to death. These pre-Revolutionary French aristocrats, so deftly portrayed by Dunn and Gardner, are keenly aware of the impending deluge that will soon land them in the tumbrels. Until that final deliquescence, they will continue to "rub their hides" together -- soullessly and tragically.

No comments:

Post a Comment