Saturday, October 13, 2007

You leave me in a daze

Home from the theater. A good show, though, not enough people were there tonight. Let me spell it out for you guys:

"Quartet," by Heiner Muller, now playing at City Garage Theatre in Santa Monica. It's a terrific production, and has received good reviews all around:

LA Weekly
Los Angeles Times
Backstage West

The show was extended, and now closes next Sunday, leaving you with three more chances to see it. City Garage is a funky little space in Santa Monica, California - located in the alley between the Third Street Promenade and 4th Street, and Santa Monica Boulevard and Arizona. If you're walking west down Santa Monica, and you get to Hooters, immediately make a right and head down the alley. Before you get to Arizona, look for the red doors and the sign over them that says "City Garage." Come on in. I'll be in the booth. We're running this show Saturday and Sunday only right now: tickets are $20 on Saturday, and "Pay-What-You-Can" on Sundays. Give 'em a call and make a reservation: (310) 319-9939

OK: I'm done now.

...

So now that I'm home, guess what am I doing right now? Well, right now I am typing these words, what kind of weirdo are you? But I am also watching "Everyone Stares" (again), and I am also drinking a beer, and I am also doing traffic school. I've gotten quite good at it.

While I would certainly never recommend drinking a beer while sitting in traffic, I would definitely vote for a beer while sitting in traffic school. If, that is, traffic school consists of you sitting on the couch watching Stewart Copeland on TV and answering some easy questions on what to do if your brakes go out. And of course, speeding is bad. I mean, do I have to even say it? Slow down.

No, I'm not gonna tell you. You just have to go out and get your own ticket and find out on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment