Wednesday, June 6, 2007

14.8

Things may be looking up - I was weighed today. I didn't go last week - was in training on Wednesday, and never made it to another location to weigh in. So I was curious to see how I did in two weeks, especially after the night/s of drinking I had (!).

Anyway, I lost three pounds, bringing my grand total up to 14.8 pounds lost. Stoked. My friend at work asked me how much more I want to lose; before I got here and knew what the number was, I'd been saying "ten more pounds." Secretly I think maybe just five more. I mean, ten more would be awesome, but I think it would be too hard to keep off.

In other news: last night I drank more beers than I have in ages, and the following things occurred:

1. I sent about three emails I have no recollection of writing. I checked my "sent" mail this morning and found that I had written to a couple of people things I really should've kept to myself. That's not good, is it? I mean, I can take whatever the consequences are; I have a feeling most people will keep quiet, figuring I'm just a little crazy right now. That would be okay with me. Except for one person; but no reaction from that person has been the norm recently. Whatever.

2. I blogged something I've been thinking about but had no intention of blogging just yet; it had been in the draft stage for awhile, but wasn't ready for publication . That entry has since been deleted; if you caught it last night (it was about a wild night when I was dating Drew), promise to not mention it next time we speak. It was badly written, badly edited, and kinda embarrassing. Maybe that story will be told (it's no big deal, really) someday, but not now, definitely not in that format.

3. I slept like a baby; unfortunately, I woke up still a bit loaded. That's not good, either, is it. It went away quickly, which is a good thing, as I had to be in downtown LA for training about my new benefits package.

4. It works for me the same way they say it works when you're eating: your brain is about 20 minutes behind your stomach; you should stop eating before you're totally full. Those Pacificos were deceptively easy to drink - number five should've been the last one.

5. I'm not crazy about Jumping Cow Amber Ale; won't be buying it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment