Friday, June 1, 2007

Turn it on, turn it on again!


Original Recipe wing = 4 points
Original Recipe breast = 9 points
Mashed potatoes with gravy = 3 points
Biscuit = 4.5 points

Total Weight Watchers Points for today's lunch (and you know right after I wrote the words "must resist," I totally went right out and got me some KFC): 20.5 points

It's all my points for the day, sure, plus .5. But not as bad as I expected it to be. And it was delicious.

While eating my lunch, I watched VH1 Rock Honors; I picked it during Robin Williams' two hour introduction to Genesis. Oh, it wasn't that long? Sure felt like it. After flipping away and then coming back, I tuned in to see Keane doing a cover of "That's All" (I'm not a fan of theirs, but still, they were disappointing - they turned it into a kind of wimpy country version); finally a few moments later, Phil and Mike and Tony took the stage to do "Turn It On Again," one of my favorite songs... and it was also kind of disappointing. What is it with me! Are my expectations too high? At least Genesis looks good (take note, Stewart Copeland, of Mike Rutherford's clothes! That's how you make 56 look good!), and I was glad to see Phil play some drums, but the tempo was a bit wishy washy even before he sat in... I don't know. Maybe I should just not watch any more live rock and roll on TV. I'm too picky.

Although... now Ozzy is on stage, and he is out-rocking everybody! So who knows how this works, least of all me. Most of the time it looks doubtful that Ozzy can walk from point A to point B (point A being, I don't know, five feet from point B), and here he is, not propped up at all, onstage, kicking ass. He sounds terrific, doing "Crazy Train," and he looks awesome. He's got prettier hair than I do! Maybe the band is overplaying a little, but still: good version.

OK, so now I'm just confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment