Saturday, June 16, 2007

Show, Saturday, Flowers


After a blah day, I can say this much for myself: I had a perfect show last night.

In the car on the way up, my friend Bo told me to "relax," which people have been telling me for years; finally I listened. Who knew it was that simple?

...

Argh! I am finding myself remarkably unmotivated to do anything yet again.

...

My friend Sarah graduated this week from UCLA with her MLS - her friend Mary threw a party for her but unfortunately I couldn't go, because of the show. I was very disappointed to not be able to see Sarah in her triumphant moment, but I wanted to do something nice, so I ordered some flowers. Do you recall the photo I posted a while back of my co-worker Louise's flowers? They were from a shop called Tic-Tock in LA on La Brea, and I visited their website - they have beautiful arrangements - and ordered some for her. She emailed me this morning with a photo: they're gorgeous! On Thursday, I called over there to confirm the delivery time, and when I called, asked if it was possible to see a photo of them; it wasn't (but it should be!); the guy I spoke to was really nice (now that I think about it, that guy also told me to "relax" but in a slightly different way than Bo did) and calmed my control freak tendencies. Well, for the moment. I'm sure they'll resurface any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment