Thursday, May 31, 2007

Piece of Crap Morning

These last two days have been tough! Rehearsing late all week. Last night was a bear - I have to admit: I had a bad moment. Just frustrated and tired, no more than anybody else in the theater, and the actors have been doing this three times as long as I have. But there have been nightly changes to the sounds, which means the levels all have to be changed, and on the fly - the actors don't stop for me to make notes, so sometimes I make a mistake. It's not really a big deal, but I hate that feeling of not being able to do anything right. Luckily I got a few minutes to go outside and catch my breath. I'm sure there were some people in the theater who heard the other end of the conversation, but I'm not sure if anybody knew how upset I was; I know it's not personal and I didn't want to seem weak or discouraged. Though: I certainly felt that way.

Anyway, I slept in and was all set to go into work a little late, when:

On my way to work?

I got another speeding ticket.

I am sooooo pissed. In a different part of town, on a different street, even, and there I was, minding my own business, driving just as fast as everybody else, when I got pulled over. This cop wasn't messing around either: whoever told you tears work? That person lied. Maybe if I'd shown some cleavage AND cried... I don't know. I'll have to try that next time. But fuck! Another ticket!!!

Patrick wants me to fight it. So I may be spending some time at websites like this, seeing if it's a possibility. Anyway, after that I was pretty much jelly so I called in sick and went to the mall for some retail therapy. Also, I think I'm going to stop listening to music on the radio while I'm driving, and go back to non-stop NPR: I've never gotten a ticket listening to KPCC. Unfortunately I wasn't listening to a cool song this time - I think it was "Sweet Home Alabama." Maybe I can get Neil Young to pay my ticket...?

I am now the owner of some size 8 pants and a size 8 skirt.

Pretty fucking cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment