Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

It's been a quiet weekend.

Saturday, I don't remember what we did. I guess you'll have to see the post for that day... I slept in? Watched TV? Sunday I got my car washed finally and we worked on the kitchen a little, and decided we don't like the blue wall - Pat's going to repaint it red. Long story short, I don't get to chose the colors when we paint anymore (I'm too wishy-washy!). Fine with me, though, we'll have to wait and see how long that lasts. We only have one other room in the house to paint, and I've had the color chosen for that room for a loooong time. We also decided we don't like the bamboo blinds - they make the kitchen way too dark. So we're going to attempt to roll them up and return them to Home Depot. Yeah, I know: good luck with that one. At around 4:30 p.m. yesterday, we headed up to Culver City for a barbecue for our friend Chris's dad, Dick (not that Dick) in the park. It was a small party, but the people are very sweet, very interesting, and Dick tells really good stories. He was a scientist, and is really smart, but also likes music (rock and roll!). And Chris's wife Monica is a good cook! On the way home we stopped at Ikea and bought some bookshelves for the bedroom, so I can get the books out of my closet where they've been for about a year now. We also decided we like their wooden blinds a lot better than the ones we have, but we didn't buy them yet. Ikea is such a hit and miss proposition: sometimes I love the stuff we buy, but I am over having to put shit together myself. Not that the blinds require any assembly other than hanging them, I'm just saying.

Today, I spent the morning watching most of a "Deadliest Catch" marathon, while doing laundry. God, why do we have so much laundry!? I need a better system, i.e., I need to do it more often. I just got done practicing the ton of music I have for the next flute choir concert and my recital next Sunday, and now I'm getting ready to head off to Santa Monica for a rehearsal with City Garage.

All in all, it's been a really nice weekend. This week will be short work-wise (I'm also off this Friday), but busy with my other stuff: the show opens Friday, and I have a recital, so who knows how much blog-time I'm gonna have. See you when I see you, whoever "you" are!

No comments:

Post a Comment