Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Yard House

Last night, Patrick and I went to the Yard House for dinner and beer. There's one down on the water in LB, and it's a nice location, and he's been working so hard on the kitchen, it seemed like a good night to go out. Plus I haven't been home all week!

Anyway, I got the drinking started with a Harp, while we waited for our table. Once seated, Patrick caught up, drinking two Fat Tires while I ordered my second, a Paulaner (note: I haven't had Paulaner in ages and it was just as good as I remembered it). We did eat food, so don't think this was just a beer fest - I had the Hawaiian Poke Stack, which is totally delicious, and Patrick had something (I forget what his appetizer was; I didn't want any, so it was either not my thing or way too fattening). For dinner, I had a chicken Caesar salad and a Snakebite. I should've started with the Snakebite - it was a bit sweet. And Patrick had another Fat Tire, which took forever to come, and in the end, they graciously offered to take off our tab.

We walked around downtown a little, before heading home for two more beers each (I had a Guinness and one of those weird Trader Joe's beers we bought a while ago; Pat had a couple Fat Tires he had stashed in the fridge). And then we sat around the living and watched TV, me on the laptop. I guess I'm outlining our evening out and in because it's so unusual for us to drink so much, but it was a fun night, as tame as it must sound. I was fine, lying there on the couch, and didn't feel very much wasted until at about 1:30 and we decided to go to bed. Getting up was a bit of a challenge, and I had one moment in the hall where I was about -this- close to eating it.

Today he's finishing up (?) the kitchen, and I'm off for a facial and have been charged with going to Home Depot and purchasing the handles and hinges for the cabinet doors. I already see me having a hissy fit: I hate Home Depot! Oh, and I gotta get my car washed... and practice. No City Garage, no rehearsals until Monday: this is going to be a nice weekend spent doing the neverending laundry, cleaning the house, and maybe bringing in the kitchen appliances and doo dads we deem worthy of reentering our newly painted kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment