Friday, May 18, 2007

RDO

God, today is supposed to be my day off, and I got up at 7. What the hell is up with that?

Am still feeling the after-effects of all that beer. Is that nuts, or what? I also haven't eaten anything since lunch, yesterday. That could be the problem.

Anyway, got up and started doing some laundry. This house is a mess, too. And I have to shower and get dressed and go to a Weight Watchers meeting. And I want to buy some hangers, and maybe some new sheets. See how exciting my life is?

Starting tomorrow, everything's gonna be different for about two weeks. Tomorrow is the first tech rehearsal at City Garage, and I'm doing the lights. It's a lot of work, but their shows are always totally worth it. After that, I'm off Sunday, and then we have two weeks of running the show before it opens. It means every work night, for two weeks, I won't be getting home until at least 11 p.m., or maybe even later. Which would be fine, if I went right to bed, but I never do. I stay up, eat something, talk to Patrick about the day/night, maybe take a shower, check my email, then go to bed: it's rough getting up on time for work the next day.

And I have to think about how this is going to affect my flute practicing... I have a recital on June 3 and a concert on June 21; for both I'm playing some hard stuff. So. That's another thing I want to do today. Might even break out my piccolo: I'm playing it quite a bit in the flute choir concert (if you were in Culver City last night you might've heard me...? Didn't I mention it's LOUD?), but haven't practiced it in a long time. Dora and Puma definitely don't like it; I'm sure Franny will freak. I might go into the garage. One thing I won't be doing is long tones. I don't have any earplugs.

Anyway, I guess I'd better get to work on the house and the laundry. I've been doing half-assed laundry lately: washing it, but not putting it away, and I'm sick of it. Gotta be better at it.

Maybe will go have a bowl of cereal. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment